Kanahei Surprise-Inside Mantou
Join Taiwanese Instructor Kimmy to learn this amazing art using natural colourings.
27 Mar Fri 2pm to 6.30pm
Note: Class will be conducted in Mandarin.
What you'll learn- Introduction of basic ingredients
- Demo on how to make smooth mantou dough
- Techniques of coloring the dough (using natural colourings)
- How to shape character
- How to create hidden kanahei in mantou
- Generous knowledge sharing on creating a smooth mantou, how to steam perfectly, how to check consistency etc.
- Note: Decorating the mantou ( Flowers, leaves) will be done by students but shaping of rabbit character as shown in photo is subject to time availablity. However Instructor will demo how to shape it.
hear what our Students have to say
Many thanks to Brenda and her team for giving me a wonderfully fulfilling baking session today! I enjoyed every second of it and I had a lot of take - aways (not just the cookies =P) from a single session with them. Amazingly, the instructor was able to identify the potential struggle any budding baker may encounter in the learning process and thus she was very meticulous in checking on the progress of the participants. She was also very encouraging and I experienced many small steps of success as my confidence grew under her guidance and affirmation. I had a most satisfying learning experience and I look forward to be able to join more sessions with the team again soon! =)