Basic Sourdough & Sourdough Bagels
Sourdough is natural fermentation from flour and water. Wild yeast and lactic acid bacteria found in the environment to form starter.
It has a distinct flavor that differs from bread made with instant yeast. It can have a tangy, slightly sour taste, and a dense texture. Additionally, sourdough has been shown to offer several nutritional benefits, including higher levels of prebiotics, vitamins, and minerals which ease the human digestion.
In this workshop, we will be using Thermomix to assist us in preparing it. Don’t worry if you don’t have one, any stand mixer can do the same task too. Besides learning how to make a basic sourdough, you will be mastering sourdough bagels and bringing home 4 different flavours! Join the fun now.
No class available at the moment
What you'll learn- How Thermomix help when baking sourdough and sourdough bagel
-How to kick start the journey of Sourdough
- What is sourdough starter and how yeast starter were made
- How to maintain sourdough starter
- Learning the feeding ratio of starter for dough preparation
- Hands on different techniques on sourdough folding method and bagel shaping method
- How to make using stand mixer method as well.
- Tools required for sourdough baking
hear what our Students have to say
Had went for a few lessons at Bakefresh. Their cakes are soft and the cream is light.
The softness of the cake allows me to eat 2 slices at a go without difficulty.
The ladies who taught us are friendly and easy going too.
There are always laughter in the class and they always give a warm welcome.