Christmas Travel Cakes
Although everyone always regards travel cakes as an entry pound cake for western pastry baking, after studying it, Chef Jeffery Pan modernised the recipe and created extraordinary soft, tender and moist cake formula which can be easily done according to his teaching method and know-how.
The plain looking travel cakes are also skilfully decorated, beautifully transformed into a fashion trend coupled with beautiful packaging, it makes people want to keep admiring it and not want to eat it.
23 Nov Thu 2.30pm – 7pm
26 Nov Sun 9am – 1pm
*Class conducted mainly in Mandarin. English recipe provided.
What you'll learn- You will learn 3 flavours: Orange Hazelnut, Fruits Brandy and Chocolate Tea Cake.
- Step by steps, techniques and tricks to get the perfect travel cakes
- Learn different method of travel cakes preparation
- Explanation from the evolution of the basic pound cake 1:1:1:1 to the selection of ingredients that have become popular in recent years
Understanding ingredients ratio, glazing and decoration of cakes.
Basic classification of the fat content of heavy cream cakes for travel, and mixing methods
- How to reduce the sweetness to achieve the moist cake.
- The application of glazing gel and achieve bright surface decoration.
- Knowledge sharing on how to freeze and refrigerate to preserve the taste , storage life-shelf etc.
hear what our Students have to say
I never knew I can bake till I stepped into the baking class. I truly enjoyed and I have a sense of achievement when I baked my first cake. of course wif the coaching of the teacher. Brenda was very helpful and make me feel at home, and together with her lovely assistance, she made my learning easier! For sure, I will be back soon to bake another cake for my best friend's birthday. one of a gift ideas to consider if you want the gift to be something meaningful.