Contemporary Cakes ( SkillsFuture Eligible)
It is a 2 days cake workshop with each session 4 hours.
A very practical and will consists of step by step demonstration by trainer, followed by an opportunity for participant to practise, with as much individual support as necessary, to achieve a success. At the end of the lesson, you will be able to produce delicious and decorated cakes of Bananamisu, Pandan Kaya cake and receive a bonus recipe of cupcakes
9.30am – 1.30pm (FULL)
17 June (Bananamisu)
23 June (Pandan Kaya Cake)
2pm – 6pm
14 Jun (Bananamisu)
21 Jun (Pandan Kaya Cake)
How to book:
- Book a seat with us first.
- Course fees is $250 (claimable) and there will be a $30 admin/ingredient fees (not claimable and non-refundable)
- During checkout, please apply coupon code “SSGCakes“. You need not pay the course fees to us, only $30 admin fees is payable to us directly. This payment may be made via credit card during checkout.
- Please provide NRIC and Full name (as per NRIC).
- Upon receiving your booking, we will email you an official receipt and you may proceed with the claim of $250 on SkillsFuture Website. We will send you the details.
- Your booking is only confirmed if your claim is approved.
What you'll learnBananamisu
- How to make the chocolate sponge cake
- How to prepare mascarpone cheese fillings
- How to whip dairy whipping cream
- How to assemble and decorate the cake
Pandan Kaya Cake
- Demo on how to make pandan sponge cake. *Uses pandan juice extract
- Hands-on cake making by participants
- How to whip meringue and check the correct consistency
- Demo on how to prepare the pandan kaya mixture
- Hands-on making the pandan kaya mixture by participants
- Assemble the cake
hear what our Students have to say
Many thanks to Brenda and her team for giving me a wonderfully fulfilling baking session today! I enjoyed every second of it and I had a lot of take - aways (not just the cookies =P) from a single session with them. Amazingly, the instructor was able to identify the potential struggle any budding baker may encounter in the learning process and thus she was very meticulous in checking on the progress of the participants. She was also very encouraging and I experienced many small steps of success as my confidence grew under her guidance and affirmation. I had a most satisfying learning experience and I look forward to be able to join more sessions with the team again soon! =)